I make extra money as a cake decorator

i make extra money as a cake decorator

When you purchase a digital subscription to Cake Central Magazine, you will get an instant and automatic download of the most recent issue. Hi all! I’d like some advice from home based bakers. Do you find that your business is truly worth it? Do you make a substantial amount to live off of or is it more extra money thing? I have a chronic illness, I just started a new job this week. I’m finding it rxtra hard to get through each day. I’d love to work from home, especially baking. Baking is my passion. I live in a cottage law state, so no problems .

Trending News

When you purchase a digital subscription to Cake Central Magazine, you will get an instant and automatic download of the most recent issue. Business By bethasd Updated 2 Aug , am by Yum I have a great word of mouth base and am ready to do some real marketing — ads, postcards, etc. My problem considering is the time it takes to make everything from scratch — batter, filling, SMBC and then the time to decorate — I end up making very little on the cakes. I will say this though, most of my orders have been on the smaller side and it does seem that the larger cakes do not take up significantly more time but you can charge much more. Any advice? Does anyone say, «sorry, I only do large cakes? The ones that will pay you to create a visionary cake masterpiece and not try to have you make a grocery store style cake at grocery store prices. Yes, you won’t get rich but you can make money if you run your business like a business. I agree with Doug, the pricing is the first thing to examine. What are you charging now? You have to figure out how much your time is worth, then charge for it.

Basic Techniques

So clean, so precise, so beautiful that tie-dye shirt is excellent!! I could go and on raving about your cakes those beach chairs are perfect!! Considering the quality, I think you could go even higher per serving!

Experience the world of cake decorating like never before with Cake Central Magazine!

My latest money making idea was inspired by all the baking shows that are so popular on TV these days. I got the inspiration from seeing so many people on these shows who love to bake delicious treats in their spare time, and how they make people so happy with their creations. Think about it, how many times have you heard of someone making money baking pies, cakes, and other treats in their own home. There are even people who grow their business enough to make millions of dollars a year making people happy with their tasty baked goods! There have been quite a few people on that show that are making a lot of money baking awesome sweet treats for their customers.

How to become a cake decorator

The finished product. I worked it into my schedule and got the cake to the wedding. I like creating. Question 13 of Your day-to-day duties may include: talking with clients about cake design ideas creating designs and decorations, and drawing sketches to show clients baking cakes to order writing messages on cakes using icing putting pre-baked cakes and decorations together setting up, clearing away and cleaning baking equipment checking stock levels and buying ingredients promoting the business and keeping accounts. Although I have been decorating cakes for friends and family for several years.

Is Starting An Full Time Home Bakery Worth It?

I like the creativity and detail of being a cake decorator. Others buy their icing, and do no baking. This is my first job but I bake simple cakes for my family. The fact that I can bring joy to people through baked goods. I am happy, I have a thing about decorztor, and trustworthy. Next Question. Gain the confidence you need by asking our professionals any interview scenario, question, decortor answer you are unsure .

Failing To Sell Homemade Crafts

Our interview questions are created by writers, almost all of which, have a long history of recruiting and interviewing candidates. They do not necessarily have experience interviewing or working with companies, careers, or schools, in which they may write for on MockQuestions.

We i make extra money as a cake decorator, however, strive to match their background and expertise with the appropriate question sets found on our website. Our careers, companies, industries, and schools may have duplicate interview questions and answers found elsewhere on our website.

Specifically, our companies and our graduate school interviews. For these two, we use the industry in which we believe the company most well-represents and the graduate programs, as the basis for the interview questions and answers that generate for each company or school. The intent of MockQuestions. We believe, most of our visitors can become more likely to succeed in their job interview with hard-work and practice. We believe, the key to success is for our users to rehearse with our interview questions while using our answer examples as an idea generator for their own interview answers.

We strongly want to discourage users from memorizing our answer examples. That is not the purpose of our website. Answer Review. Interview Coaching. Interviews Questions by Career. Interviews Questions by Company. Interviews Questions by Topic. About Us. Sign in. View Answers. Coaching For Your Next Interview.

Gain the confidence you need by asking our professionals any interview scenario, question, or answer you are unsure. Get Started. Let Us Review Your Answers. Our interviewing professionals will gladly review and revise any answer you send us.

Allowing you to craft perfect responses for your next job interview. Interview Questions by Topic. Customer Service. Most Common. Salary Questions. Scenario Based.

View All 20 More. Interview Questions by Career. Assistant Principal. Business Analyst. Physician Assistant. Youth Worker. View All More. Interview Questions by Company. Home Depot. View More. Tell me about. What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses? Why are you the best candidate for us?

When were you able to resolve a problem within work? We Review Your Answers. Erase your uncertainties before your next job interview. Cake Decorator Interview Questions.

Question 1 of How long do you foresee yourself working at this bakery, if hired? User-Submitted Answers. I see myself here for as long as 4 years. I am 55 now so till I retire. I make my mind to work in best shop of our city. One know once I start working here I will go for long term. Until I would go to university. Next Question. Get More Interview Practice.

Pick your topic. Ask the Interviewer. Questions you may consider asking the interviewer, about We all have some behaviors that are typical of us and whi Common Interview Questions.

There are some questions that employers ask at almost eve If you are interviewing for any type of leadership role; Most interviews start with a telephone interview. Everyone struggles with tough interview questions. View more interview questions. Question 2 of What do you like most about being a cake decorator? The creativity, the teamwork, the satisfaction of pleasing a customer. I love the art of decorating I especially love fine intricate details.

When 8m decorating it’s like I’m in a whole other world is my passion. I enjoy decorating and make it a piece of art ive always had a passion for making cakes. I like the creativity and detail of being a cake decorator. However, the most important aspect is making clients happy for their special events. Decorating a cake is like bringing my imagination to reality, I see my finished cake in my mind and then start decorating. Its my passion. Being able to imagine and create a design and bring it to life.

The finished product is always the icing on the cake for me. The joy on the clients face. I love exploring my creative abilities while ensuring the customer is happy with their pastries!

Since I am not an experienced cake decorator, but I know it use icing and frosting and other ediable items to make cake attractive. I like creating. No matter what the art direction is, I enjoy seeing my finished product and being proud of it.

Also, cake makes people happy, and I love to see a happy customer. Question 3 of Why should we hire you? I have retail experience which means I can hit the ground running. I have basic skills in cake decirating which can be built on by practice and experience and my ability to become a good member of the team means I can be relied. Experience retail. Good relationships keen quick to learn. Cous I am a hard working always on time and have the speed for the job.

You should hire me as I am hardworking trustworthy responsible person. I an also very determine and I always strive for excellence I will make it a point of my duty to ensure that your establishment continue to grow. I am a good time keeper, very reliable. I have a great combination of education and 10 years experience in decorating and baking. In addition I am creative in my approach.

Also important is that I owned my own business in Russian and know the importance of having good workers.

The Building Blocks

Ever since I was a little kid, I have acted as a mini entrepreneur. After receiving gifts of money for my birthday from relatives, I began to recognize the importance and meaning of money. I was given an electronic bank so that I would be encouraged to save my money, but I had the desire to save all on my. She and my parents, who kept little cash on hand, would come to me to borrow money if they were in a rush. I had an intense desire to save my money, but not to spend it on anything in particular.

From the Indeed Career Guide

To me, just earning and having money was fun all by. When I was younger, I desperately longed for the monney when I could go to work so I could make my own money. I had tried selling various arts and crafts I had made in order to get some cash. Our business boomed, and we spent much of our summer sitting on a golf course bench selling only a few cups of lemonade each day, but raking vake the tips from the sweet golfers who, as adorable and eager young girls, we charmed day after day. This opportunity was too good to last for long, and as we grew older, we discovered that it was our childish smiles, not our keen business skills, that kept our lemonade business alive and thriving. While attending high school, I realized I needed to earn a lot of money if I wanted to buy my own car and attend college. I applied for many jobs, i make extra money as a cake decorator they were hard to come by since I was young, inexperienced, and had no resume to speak of. I always had a wicked sweet tooth and enjoyed helping around the kitchen, meaning baking was clearly one of my favorite pastimes. After seeing cake decorating shows and incredible images of gourmet confections online, I took up cake decorating decoratlr a hobby.

Comments